Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome to the Rue HG blog!

What a fun meeting we had on Wednesday! Our continuing series on Gaining Vision for Your Great Life Work presented us with three questions about the structure of our home group:

1 What do we want to KEEP doing?
2 What do we want to STOP doing, or do LESS of?
3 What do we wish we'd START doing or do MORE of?

There was a lot of energy in the small discussion groups and it carried over into the rest of the evening. Most of the comments were related to doing MORE and there seemed to be a consensus on creating a vision for a service project as well finding other ways to to get together either casually or for study/prayer. We reached into the bag and pulled out some past events like camping, retreats, "wing-it" nights as well as some new ideas like Sunday brunch and sharing at the start of our meetings. I was so inspired by Paul's thoughts on a blog that I started typing.

So, here it is, the Rue home church blog. Send me your ideas and comments and I'll post them. I'm new to this, but welcome your feedback and posts. I have a history of starting and not finishing, so maybe Paul will teach me how to grant editor access to others? I don't want this to be like the phone list that I published then never updated.

Please send me your ideas for service projects and for events and I'll post the lists.

Suga

6 comments:

collybarn said...

This is really cool, John! Thanks for doing it. I am the first follower! -Colleen

p. said...

nice work man. Paul

Cathy Bliss said...

This is Mrs. Bliss. Randy misses you guys. I have an idea - how about a road trip to Maine. LOL

Randy Bliss said...

This is Mr. Bliss. This is really cool to see John! It's amazing how quickly they add up. (Plus you can search them!!!)

If you have any questions, Cathy is the blogging QUEEN!

Before you know it you'll be posting like a pro!

S said...

I had a Facebook post link my blog that I havent written in for several years but saw my blogs I follow and saw this one and had a bit of nostalgia. Anyways, miss you guys and hope life is treating you fabulously. Many blessings and growth from our heavenly father in the coming New Year for each of you! Sarah H

S said...

I had a Facebook post link my blog that I havent written in for several years but saw my blogs I follow and saw this one and had a bit of nostalgia. Anyways, miss you guys and hope life is treating you fabulously. Many blessings and growth from our heavenly father in the coming New Year for each of you! Sarah H